Startup.ints

Robert, Wow! Thank you. Haven't had this much excitement since the
Technology Group sent me those seven xy4.0 disks (some of which I've
since lost, abused, or misplaced) back in 1993.

As I explained below to Carl about two hours back, a useful file is
attached. And some specifics since receving your two messages are:

1. My directory is \xy4, i.e., I'm in the \xy4 dir when I issue the
Editor command in dos. It doesn't seem to be loading yet.

2. When I created \Fic.sgt, I was in \xy4, and follow section 3-41
Text Macro Keys of the Xy4.0 Command Reference Guide. When I issued a
Load \fic.sgt command just now the system respone was "File not
found," when I revised the command to "Load C:\xy4\fic.sgt" I got the
dreaded "Customization file requires a file label."

3. Same deal with Saveget.sgt

4. When I press, F7 with a text file on screen, I just got (again) "A
menu subroutine is missing. (C:\xy4\xy4.dlg)...Subroutine:Spell)."
I've rechecked many, many times that there is a \xy4.dlg file in my
\xy4 directory.

5. I shelled to Dos and indeed confirmed that \xy4 is in my PATH. I
do confess that by that time, however, beads of sweat were forming on
my brow.

6. So, briefly, after making the changes you two have made, these are
the results I have observed. And least there be any doubt, though I
am eager to finish loading v114, I am absolutely thrilled to be this
close.