Re: Different Xy4 Manuals ?

** Reply to message from  on Fri, 28 Oct 2005
11:19:51 -0700

> I happen to have three sets of Xy4 manuals. I THOUGHT they were all identical,
> but the one I scanned is slightly different than the one I'm using to check the
> OCRed text. Unfortunately, the scanned one seems to be the un-updated version.
> The "Document Control No." (under the copyright) is all I have to go on.
>
> I've got #003506-01 & #003506-02 (updated?). Is there enough difference I should re-scan the newer?

I've got 003506-01 ("First Edition, January 1993") -- but that's the
Customization Guide, not "the Command Reference Manual", which is the "real"
manual (003500-01, also "First Edition, January 1993") and the manual that we
should be focusing on.

I didn't know that there was a later revision of CG! Can you example one of
the slight differences?

In my opinion, these individual PNG images, one per page, have limited use.
What we need is a genuine PDF, with all pages integrated in a single PDF file.
If you're going to go to this trouble, which is considerable, a PDF is the
right format (I assembled one out of all your PNGs, but it is 30Mb -- probably
not the most efficient way to make a PDF! happy to send it to you if you want
to post it). And why not include the Appendices and the **Index**?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx