Re: File Conversion

Re Word for Word and Inso. I work for Inso, but I don't have any details
about the filter products. We have no competing product: Outside In, or
Quick View Plus, is a *viewing* utility that doesn't provide for
*conversions*. Given what I've seen at Inso, buying something in order to
kill it would be stupid for us. Besides, I don't think Word for Word
constituted much in the way of competition for us. My opinion only. What
the company has tried to do in its acquisitions is to expand its product line
and overall usefulness to a wider spectrum of customers. Until Inso
transforms WFW filters into something dynamite, I recommend Conversions Plus,
whose filters are pretty darn good (but don't include XyWrite -- you have to
go thru another flavor on the way; for me, WordPerfect 5.1 is a great
way-station). With ConvPlus, you do have to go thru a 2-step process (x to
WP5.1 in ConvPlus then WP5.1 to Xy from within XyWrite). But a lot of stuff
is preserved.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx