Re: Windows 8.1 and XyWrite

I am not sure, but VirtualBox and W2K might be worth considering (when
there are no more updates in the spring, XP will not be much more secure
than W2K, W2K is less unnecessary code). Then there is VMware, which is
a professional virtualization system (see:
http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/megadots/vmware.htm
mentioned by Jon Pareles). I have not been a big fan of VMware, because
it is rather heavy (installation takes time) and does not accommodate
other virtualization solutions. E.g., there is no way to switch off
hardware virtualization (other than BIOS) if hardware virtualization is
present. I have started experimenting with VMware and XP mode, but run
into some problems, and have not had time to work it out properly.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx