Re: NB as Xy

Update to update: talked to Steve Siebert and he says the width is *not*
changeable. Also, the font for the prompts and filespec are not changeable,
neither in size nor font-type.
He also said that both Dave Erickson (sp?) and another old XyWrite
programmer (with a Chinese name I didn't catch) tried to fix the Alt-key
problems and couldn't defeat Windows on this. I do still have some problems
here with the alt-key getting stuck as "on." I asked whether the .KBD
Definition stanza could be set to make the ALT key release when it's
lifted, and he said "No." I'm not convinced however, and recall that there
is a switch to use in the Definition stanza that controls this--maybe "n"?
But perhaps they tried that.
On another front, I no longer worry about the U2 routines that I had used
for the guillemets--dropping into the .KBD file the form of the guillemets
that are in the factory NB.KBD works just fine. I did precede the left
guillemet with an XP, which works. So please ignore my previous post about
my frames &2 and &3.
Update: re-watched the video segment, and it looks like a drag operation. Didn't work on my NB, but I have a call in to Steve Siebert at NB.
Didn't I show in my video how to drag those bars onto separate
lines, and/or widen them? My recollection is that I did. It
works pretty much like any Windows program -- just drag them.
Tried that. Couldn't get it to work. Will look again at that portion of
the video.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx