DON'T EXECUTE HAPPY99.EXE

This may be off-topic but it is important. I received an email from the
list over Catlyn's name that consisted of the file, Happy99.exe. This is a
worm that attacks unsuspecting computers. The following is a brief
description of it from Stiller Research, which markets anitvirus software:

>We're considering Happy99 (AKA Win32/SKA) to be a worm because once you
>execute the
>trojan, it will install itself on your PC and then send file "HAPPY99.EXE"
>as an attachment with
>your email. The danger is that this file will be sent to people who know you
>(and possibly trust
>you!) and will be more likely to execute the file than if it came from a
>stranger. The fact that
>people receive HAPPY99 from someone that they know has caused this program
>to much
>more common than most trojans.

Evidently, Catlyn's computer has acquired Happy99 and, unbeknownst to her,
is passing it around. Stiller says they have no reports of it damaging boot
sectors or files the way a virus does, but there have been reports of
hang-ups and crashes on infected computers. Stiller also provides detailed
instructions for cleansing your computer without using their software.
Check it out at http://www.stiller.com/happy99.htm

Now back the Xyaction!