Re: XPL Program Glitch

Aw, shucks, Nathan, I should have stayed in bed today!
My comment about inserting 's was off-base. Your
original code tests for a specific $DT value in each IF
statement; since only one (if any) of those statements
can be true, no additional 's are necessary. And
indeed that part of your code works here, to the extent
that the specified $DT values *are* restored. Now I'm
puzzled as to why you're always seeing graphical view on
EXit. Is that so even if the original display type was,
say, draft view ($DT=1)?

That said, the procedure in ITAL2NEW.PM is better because
it will restore any $DT, not just 1, 2 and 4. And it
addresses the problem of newly-inserted text not being
italicized when nothing is DeFined. Accordingly, I'd
still go with ITAL2NEW.PM.

Sorry for the muddle.

--
Carl Distefano