Re: hard numbers for fn

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Phillip P. Ferreira wrote:

> Does anyone out there have an XPL rountine that searches
> out  inserts a number, stores that number, moves on to the
> next  and then adds plus one. If you could share this with
> me (or give me quick and dirty instructions on constructing my own
> routine) it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have been
> asked to eliminate all formatting codes **except** character
> modes (italic, underline, etc.)

I have an XPL tool (written originally to clean up the output of
Word for Word, as it happens) that chomps through a file, depositing
a "hard" sequential number at each occurrence of FN1 and moving the
text of the footnote to the end of the file. It preserves all MDxx
while blasting everything else. Does this sound like something you
can use? (It could be modified not to do the DF-like trick.)

E-mail me and I'll send it along or post it to the list.

Stephen Moore
  essmo@xxxxxxxx   <*>   Never bite when a simple growl will do.