Re: Fonts for NB

flash wrote:
≪there's no excuse for the NB people not to have been doing this all long≫
The NB tech support answer to the query seemed pretty lame to me, too. A
layout program which doesn't offer elementary font display capabilities
is useless.
Far worse, to my way of thinking, is the fact that the core idea
behind NB--the bibliography and citation database added on to
Xy--was mishandled from the get-go. As I remarked a while back, I
recently discovered that the whole biblio db thing was done
wrong, wrong, wrong. One big file--the mistake every database
newbie makes (I did myself, 20-odd years ago), but quickly learns
is a mistake if they're going anywhere. Unless someone who uses
it can tell me that they've fixed it since, so that, e.g.,
authors are in one table, books in another, publishers in
another, all linked to create each record? I'm not holding my breath.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx