SPEED?

XY-> Jack Shafer:

XY-> Even though I've thoroughly enjoyed this list -- and my hat goes off to
 -> Nathan again for establishing and nuturing it -- I've decided not to spend
 -> much time reading these postings if I must continue to weed out your

The easiest way to get rid of Harmon is simply ignore him. If
everyone else on the list did not respond to any of his teases,
he *may* eventually stop. (Of course, Nathan would have to
provide some sort of warning message to new members.)

Harmon does not provide anything of interest, and I find him to
be technically slovenly. Take the keyboard for example; factors
affecting it include software (PC-Kwik or Norton, for instance),
the keyboard itself (DIP switches and/or its own software), and
the computer's setup program (Zeos computers have various
keyboard options). (At least one version of
PC-Kwik's keyboard accelerator generated spurious keystrokes on
Xy 3.55.) Without knowing these factors, no one in tech could
really give an intelligent answer; no computer wiz would post a
keyboard question without giving sufficient background. It's the
same as if someone posted a printer problem without mentioning
the printer brand; it's a natural oversight--except for those
that enjoy preaching to us.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx