Re: Netscape

Harmon Seaver points out that students and teachers can get Netscape free.
NB the very latest version of Netscape is version four-point-something;
though this has more goodies than the latest version three-point-something,
it's also said to be buggier.

I'm in the same walk of life myself, but nevertheless bought
Netscape--directly from a US mail order merchant who thoughtfully ignored
the messages (on most of the six sides of the small box) that it was not to
be exported from the US or Canada (eh). I'm used to that. What surprised
me, though, was the statement I encountered during installation that warned
me that I shouldn't rely on it for the design of [even non-military]
nuclear power stations and the like. XyWrite for Windows doesn't say this;
and indeed I fully intend to use XyWrite for Windows when I get around to
designing my first nuclear power station.
Peter Evans