OFF-TOPIC Monopoly

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Now you're on my turf, meaning no disrespect. :)
>
> Microsoft is not a "monopoly" in the proper meaning of that
> term--a market from which competition has been banned by legal
> priviliges granted one or more sellers.

Not completely accurate. A monopoly may be created by market and other forces
as well as by the compulsion of law. To quibble further, a legal privilege
granted to more than one seller would result in a duopoly, or an oligopoly,
not a monopoly.

What is your turf, exactly? Meaning no disrespect.

Jeffrey G. Purvis