From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anne Putnam
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:24 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Cc: responses@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Can't open Xy in XP

Jay,

At Nota Bene, we've encountered an increasing number of instances where Nota
Bene will not start up because some other program (usually spyware or a
virus) has deleted an essential Windows file (AUTOEXEC.NT). Our
about-to-be-released version 8 will auto-correct for this situation. But our
standard advice on this issue should work for you now:

According to the Microsoft support webpage
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305521) this issue
can occur if any one of the following files are missing, damaged, or not
located in the %systemroot%\System32 folder:

 Autoexec.nt
 Command.com
 Config.nt

That page points to a number of solutions, but if may just be easier to use
Windows Explorer to copy any of these files that are mentioned in error
messages from \WINDOWS\REPAIR to \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

Hope this helps.

Anne Putnam
Nota Bene Associates, Inc.
1-800-4NB-ORDER (800-462-6733)