Re: RC and RD

James D. Besser wrote:

> Since I increasingly move back and forth between Xy/Dos and
> MS Word 97, I'm trying to get them to use the came key
> combinations.
>
> My biggest problem: in XyWrite I want the delete key to
> both delete the character at the cursor when no text is
> defined, and delete a defined block.

What version are you using? If you're using Xy4 for DOS, func DD does
precisely that. If you're using 3.5x, you need a workaround. Here's one
way:

00=≪SV,000≫ -- saves define to a macro save-get

≪if,≪nnn<0≫>rd,≪ex≫≪ei≫rc≪ex≫ -- deletes macro if value of
define is greater than 0 (i.e., if something is defined); if it isn't
(i.e., if nothing is defined), it rubs the character.

Naturellement, substitute real numbers for the zeroes above, and
guillomets for the anglebrackets, etc. etc. etc.

Salud!

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press