Re: Off-topic: looking for calendar/appointment book

One thing you should know about Lotus Organizer (and indeed all Lotus
apps) it that it is (they are) bound and determined to make you put your
data in the application's own folder. If by brute force you put you
datafile on, say, drive D: or E:, clicking on the icon in the tray gets a
"None in use" message (or something like that; my copy is on the PC at
the office so I cannot get the ipsissima verba right now). You have to
tell it to open the file specifically. I'm not sure how that would affect
alarms, as I don't use them.

I have the Palm PIM on this PC, and just looked in its Help file and
found that it does let you set alarms. Let me set one just before I next
run XyWrite (but I generally run XyWrite Windowed, not full screen), and
see how it works.

If you go with Organizer, and there are any PC Shows and Sales in your
area, you can usually pick up the whole Millennium Smart Suite CD (OEM
version) for $10-12 at them. Otherwise, try some online liquidators; I
can send you a few URLs if you need them. It's worth the CD for 1-2-3,
since QuattroPro has gotten buggier with each release for the past few
years, and while Excel is probably the best thing MicroSquid makes, why
pay through the nose?

Patricia