Re: DIRMATCH [was Re: U2]

Reply to note from Judith Davidsen  Sun, 11
Jun 2000 15:42:22 -0400

-> I've downloaded DIRMATCH, but I'm having trouble deciphering
-> out how to use it. Are there any directions?

I don't have any, but it's really very easy. At the DOS prompt,
enter, for example:

DIRMATCH d:\XY4018 d:\XY4

You get a two-column listing, the first directory (the "source") on
the left, the second one (the "target") on the right. The list
shows all files in each directory, aligned so that you can see at a
glance which files match and which don't. Hit F1 repeatedly to
filter the list for matching files ("Alike") or non-matching files
("Different"). Use the other function keys as indicated to copy or
move files. Note that copying and moving operate from left to
right, i.e., files are copied from the source directory to the
target. To swap target and source, hit F8.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/