Re: XY for e-mail

> because, while you are viewing such a file (or from the command
line,
> if you prefer), you can "print" it out as an ASCII or ANSI file
with
> hard carriage returns. In other words, you can produce e-mail
files
> from most word processors in one step.

  Except that it probably won't work any better with off-line
readers because they change the file after the editor is done
with it -- what happens usually is the header gets corrupted and
the mail won't go anywhere. I tried doing it several different
ways, a multitude of times. Probably someone can find a simple
fix, but I couldn't, at least for Yarn, and Yarn is so good
otherwise that I can live with having to enter hard carriage
returns manually --- and that's just with some editors, BTW, one
of which is XY. Other editors use a word wrap which works just
fine with e-mail, and with Yarn.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx

  All is impermanent, but this too shall pass away, and the way
of the
Samurai is death --- so speak your mind now, or forever hold your
peace!