Re: XyWin under Vista

Phillip Alder wrote:
Has anyone got XyWin going under Vista?

Phillip Alder
Not here, and I rather doubt it can be done. If you look at your
memory allocation (Control Panel, System, Device Manager, View,
Resources by Connection, Memory), you'll see that there is none,
or very, very little upper RAM not being used. And XyWin
apparently does an endrun around opsys memory allocation and just
has to have some real, physical HMA. Recall that it doesn't run
even on many XP boxes. Unfortunately, no one can give me enough
information on the ones that it does run on versus the ones that
it doesn't to even get a start on figuring out why. My notion of
HMA requirements is simply an educated guess based on
1) the known behavior of application SW of that vintage; and
2) the fact that all the XP boxes where it runs here DO have some holes in HMA.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx