Re: Looking for XyWrite

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:52:19 +0900 (JST)

>>I would also like to know how to write macros and how to expand
>>abbreviations in Xy3.

> You open a file and toggle macro recording on and off with the Scroll Lock
> key.

This is a narrow definition of a macro, as a Keystroke macro (replay a set of keystrokes). Real
macros, aka programs, are written with a remarkably apropos language called XPL, which
manipulates the germs of XyWrite, called functions, to do very powerful things. If you're
curious just how powerful, download the Jumbo U2 file from XyWWWeb, and plug it in. If you
study the code (all open source), you'll get the idea. Command "HLIST" to view an
Index of programs in this library. It will be instructive, I promise. Many of the questions
you're asking, e.g. how to enter Hex codes, are answered therein.

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx