xplncode and msmail

To everyone, most particularly Carl Distefano and Robert Holmgren,

Has anyone else suffered injustice at the hands of Microsoft Mail
3.0b and its treatment of XPLeNCODEd text in messages, either
off this list or from private e-mail? (I refer to the XPLeNCODE
program that is part of Distefano and Holmgren's REORGNIZE.U2.)
On many occasions, most recently with Mr. Holmgren's long cursor
jumping program last week, MSMail interprets XPLeNCODEed text as
a uuencoded file and converts everything between XPLeNCODE V1.8
and the end of the message into an attachment. Said attachment
cannot be reconverted into text by any means I have found. I have
 missed out on a good many XPL uploads this way!

My network admin says MSMail 3.0 is hardcoded to uudecode
automatically and there isn't much he can do. Has anyone else
had a problem like this?

Doug Beeson
EDI World Institute
Montreal, Quebec beesond@xxxxxxxx