RE: Printing XyWrite

-----Original Message----- From: John H. Kessel

> The successful solution was based on two things: substitution of a parallel
> cable between the computer and printer for the existing USB cable,
> In order to use the parallel cable, I had to get an adapter to connect the
> cable to my computer. The adapter part number is C650A. The parallel cable
> was easy to find. The adapter was hard to find. HP Parts Store had it, as did
> Small Dog Electronics in Vermont.

I'm on my fourth USB printer now and I've had nothing but trouble with all of them
(although I've never had problems with any other type of USB gadget).
I don't know what it is about them but they regularly loose the ability to communicate
with the computer, and have to be "rebooted'. They always re-connect,
but it's annoying.

I didn't know there was this type of adapter (though if I'd of thought about it, there's an
adapter for pretty much anything you might need). I'm thinking I'll try putting my
printer back on a parallel port and see if there's an improvement.
Thanks for the idea John.

-BrianH.