Re: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

At 11:17 AM 2/22/00 +0900, Renee wrote:
>Uhh... you mean to say MS does *not* have contracts with manufacturers for
>installing their OS before shipping? You mean, we can go and by a PC
>*without* Windows installed? Can you tell us where?

The clone-maker down the street offered to do that if I wanted a Linux
system. I wonder if Dell or the others offer that? And then there's Apple.
Or, roll your own by buying the components separately.

(The political point is that manufacturers only pre-install Windows because
they believe, correctly, most of their clients want it pre-installed.)

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx