LCD monitors

My monitor has just died, and the price of LCDs has dropped so that I'm
really thinking of getting one. Much easier on my astigmatic eyes, at
least in Windows, and easier to move too (a 15-inch CRT is nearly 45 lb).
But I've heard so many horror stories about XyWrite screen problems that
I hesitate. There's also the fact that I'm still running 98SE, which
mayn't be able to cope with newer monitors. Would anyone using an LCD
with 98SE and having no problems with XyW in a window (OK, I could run
full screen, but switching back and forth between Xy and Windows apps as
I have to, the window really works better for me) be so good as to tell
me what make and model? Thanks.

I have no problems with XyWrite on either of my laptops (Compaq Armada
and IBM Thinkpad XL), but both are ancient. I'm noticing that brightness
specs seem to vary a lot on the models I've been looking at: from 250 to
500 CD/m2. I assume higher numbers are better. I've looked through the
archive and just checked my BIOS, which has no expansion options.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx