Re: Another question

Jim Besser:

We use XyWrite for the same reasons. I have tried Win and OS/2 Program
Manager, CMDPOST, and Norton Desktop with Windows, and it is boring to
click-click back and forth, or sitting there waiting for a piece of text to
turn up that Magellan would have found within a second. It has to be said,
however, that the XYDOS 4 file management facilities are primitive compared to
those in Nota Bene 4, which made it extremely fast to do almost anything with a
file. I hope that they will appear in the next avatar of XY. As it is, in XY
I call up a directory if I don't recall its contents, and one keystroke in my
modified keyboard opens the file the cursor is on. You might be interested in
making your modified keyboard (suitably documented) available to list members.
Mine is available via FTP in XPLNS.ZIP. Harmon and others, you too!

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325