Re: PostGhost Fonts (and the Euro)

** Reply to message from Correo Fenda  on Sun, 28 Aug
2005 20:44:42 +0200

> Let me remind you of the A4 XyWrite bug.

Memory fails me. Could you repeat the details? A bug in XyWrite or GS? (I
assume you know how to get an A4 default in Ghostscript? "U.S. Letter" paper
size is the default in Ghostscript distributions. This can be altered with a
command line parameter on a per-instance basis; but given your A4 locale, the
best solution -- the global/permanent solution -- is to change the following
line in file ...\gs8.51\lib\gs_init.ps:
- from
% /DEFAULTPAPERSIZE (a4) def
/DEFAULTPAPERSIZE (a4) def
[in other words, remove "%{space}" at the beginning of that one line, then save
file gs_init.ps -- use Notepad, or else XyWrite and then ZAP26 to get
rid of the EOF character]. Note that this does not apply to GSview -- you can
establish an A4 default there within the Media tab.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx