Re: Nothing

{Reply to Msg. #10726}:

JS> I was the first person to log on to this BBS when it opened in JS>
Billerica. There were no "new" messages then - just as there are JS> no new
messages today. It was August of 1989.

This is rather late, but then that seems to be a habit with me. I won't quote
your 7/30/95 msg. more extensively -- it's here on the board for anyone who
cares to look it up; I'll just say that I agree completely.

JS> still churning out my work with the same program I was using when I JS>
logged on in 1989.

Ditto, except that I've been logging on since the board began, more or less,
and using 3.5x most of that time, stopping at 3.55. The difference is that I
do also concurrently use 4.0x (DOS), esp. when there's a need to venture
outside the purely character domain. If they zapped some more bugs, added
greyscale support and a few other things, I'd be delighted, but since DOS is
kaput I doubt we'll see any further development on the XY4DOS side. Since they
fill my needs so well, I'll keep using these programs until there's a "must
have" processor that just won't run them. That should take me up to the
Millennium, at least. Bill Gates will probably control the universe by then,
but he won't have me.

JS> Perhaps I'll be the last person to log on.

If so, you'll have some company. Just wanted you to know that your post was
not ignored. And thanks for whatever xpl routines you've contributed
-- I'm sure there are a few of them in my collection.