Re: NOTHING

I agree with you 110% about Windows. Computers are supposed to let individuals
do things their way--not the way someone eager to make money from them has
decided they should do things. And as a word person who has thought in words,
not pictures, since I learned to think, I find "icons" (a term the Eastern
Orthodox Christians must find blasphemous) utterly unintuitable. (Persons are
intuitive or not, things intuitable.) But XyWrite 4 has some useful things. For
instance, it has a character for the em and en dashes, and by switching to
double wide and double-wide compressed respectively, typing a hyphen, and then
switching back to my regular type width, I can produce them, even on a dot
matrix. Of course, i then made a substitution file entry to automate the
process.