Re: Electronic Dictionaries (Was: Am I NOMAIL, Part 2)

** Reply to note from Sptwriter@xxxxxxxx Fri, 3 Jan 1997 16:48:15 -0500

> Is there an electronic dictionary that any regular users would recommend
> pairing with XyWrite 4?
>
> Steve Hubbard (Sptwriter@xxxxxxxx)

Yes! The Random House Unabridged (RHUD) is a real bargain. This is a huge
75Meg unabridged dictionary, which beats everything out there except the
OED (and maybe the Shorter Oxford, which I haven't tested). I'm a
dictionary freak. Try to find the original DOS+Windows CD-ROM issued in
1993 (bundled with hard copies of the dictionary, actually), in used book
stores. I have a great XPL program that pops it up on top of Xy4DOS text,
after you put your cursor on a word in Text (or type a word on the CMline),
then hit a dedicated key. RHUD is my favorite desktop add-on...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx