Re: XYshell and w2k

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Mon, 13
Jan 2003 15:42:14 GMT

> I have now tried installing XYShell on the Win2000 installation I also have available. This seems
> marginally more successful than under Win98se but when I use the 'Shell to DOS key' I get the
> message 'Go2 routine for "DOS" not found.' Similarly with SW I get 'SW routine for "DOS"
> not found'.

Those two error messages are very different, and are unambiguous: S/G 652
doesn't hold valid data. In other words, routine GetXyOS -- which tells U2
what Operating System you're running, and is critical -- hasn't got good data
in it. The peculiar part is that 652 seems to have some data in it, just not
the right data. In W2K, what does command "VA/NV @652" return? In your
case, it should return "XyOS=W2K" -- with a capital "W" .

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx