Re: Sluggish Repeat Cursor Keys

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> Speaking of which, it occurs to me that the mouse hasn't worked for me either
> since DOS days. Recent experience with NBWin sparks a distant recollection of
> using the mouse to DeFine (select) text, in Xy3 or maybe Xy4 (don't remember
> which). Does *anyone* running Windows have a functioning XyMouse?

In W2000 you need to disable QuickEdit (as well as having the right stuff in the
keyboard file). However, as far as I can see you can then use the mouse only to
position the cursor, not to DeFine text (as you can in W98). Here is a post from
Myron Gochnauer from the fall:

"I finally discovered the solution to my failure to have mouse support in a
Win2k DOS window. The solution came from a microsoft support document.

Mouse in Win2k DOS window ---> disable QuickEdit if the mouse doesn't work.

  To disable QuickEdit mode in the PIF for the MS-DOS-based program:
    Start the MS-DOS-based program.
    Right-click the program window's title bar.
    Click Properties / Options.
    Clear the QuickEdit Mode check box.
    Click OK.
    Choose Save Properties for future windows."

--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics

martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx