Re: converting Xywrite to Word

At 03:30 PM 7/12/01 +0900, Yo Intl. wrote:

>At 09:03 PM 7/11/01 -0400, Norman Bauman wrote:
≫Open the XyWrite file in WordPad. Trim off the XyWrite coding. Save the
≫file with "Save As" Word 6.0 using a *.doc extension.

>Why would you want to trim off the XY coding from within (urgh) WordPad, if
>you can do that with a simple macro inside XYwrite?

I want to leave the original coded XY file on my hard drive. I only use a
few codes in those MSs, so it's just as easy for me to delete them in the
Word file. But your way makes sense too.

The other way I do it is to copy the XY file as a temporary file, and get
rid of (most of) the codes with the command CH \≪ W ≫\\ where W is a
wildcard. (It's so short I haven't made a macro.)

>And why the detour through WordPad, when MSWord itself is perfectly able to
>open an Ascii, aka XYwrite file?

I assumed that Lynn doesn't have Word, but WordPad comes with Win98.

I join you in vomiting at WordPad.

Norman

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D