Re: LOG [was Re: Now XP can't tell the TIME]

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sat, 10 Nov 2001
17:57:47 -0500

> Thanks, Carl. You'll think me an idiot, but I only had the htm
> and .u2 files. No wonder I thought the documentation was sparse
> -- I didn't have it! ... I just ... installed the latest version.

You probably had an older version of U2. The documentation used to
be part of the U2 file itself, but grew to the point where it made
sense to break it out into a separate file (now 492K, nearly as big
as U2 itself). But the basics of the U2 Help system never changed.
INDEX displays a list of all U2 routines ("frames"),
organized by subject. HELP [framename] takes you to the
Help screen for a particular frame. HELP [phrase] takes
you to the first instace of that phrase in the documentation, and
puts up a SEarch command so you can continue to search manually.
All of this and more is described in XYWWWEB.TXT (or the HTML
version, http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/XYWEBTXT.HTM), which is
worth a few minutes of your time before you get started.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx