Re: annoyances and whatnot

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:18:02 -0500 (EST), ...:

>≪	I spoke to Kenny some years ago and we discussed features (while
>I lobbied for ability to code uppercase into Styles [...]) ≫ --Bob Brody
>
>Hi, Bob. I hesitate to enter this arena because I know you've wrestled
>the problem for a long time and my workaround is so far short of
>stylesheet control over caps you may think it laughable. But:

However, I've not only commented in this forum how RG=1 (uppercase in
Styles) is one of the important reasons for my willingness to stay
with XyWrite (XyWin, whatever), I could swear I just said in the
about this that he got back to me and said he talked with the
programmers and it was doable plus it will be done. End of story.
Unfortunately I don't have my previous post here to reread so maybe
something else went out but that's what I thought I said. There isn't
a snowflake's chance in Bermuda that I would even consider sticking
with XyWrite, let alone taking on XyWin, if this ability wasn't
supported. I thought I said I asked for it and Kenny delivered it.
Apparently that's not what got posted or what came out in my post,
which I would therefore blame entirely on this bargain priced gin I've
been trying for my martinis.

Nevertheless RG=1 in Styles works and works fine. I think it's
supported in Xy4DOS as well but at the time Kenny and I spoke, the
priority was XyWin and after XyWin got out the door, he'd see to it
that Xy4DOS would have it as well. I thought that's what I said.
Perhaps I'm going senile. It's been known to happen in the best of
families.

Bob (farmisht) Brody