Re: Xywrite 4.01 and OS/2 Warp

=" On Fri, 18 Nov 1994 SCRUTCH@ERS.BITNET wrote:
="
=" > By including the home directory (C:\XY4 for DOS, C:\XW for Windows)
=" > in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file, the problem went away. So I changed the
=" > AUTOEXEC.BAT file to have those directories.
=" >
=" Been there, done that. Had no effect here.
=-------------------assuming that you are using the GUI wps of OS/2...
=
=    Mouse Button 2 (right Mouse) on the icon
=    a menu will come up with the OPEN-> choice
=    selected. Arrow and Open the settings
=    Working directory, where your XYwrite and SPL files
=    should be can be specified.
=    Alt-F4 or close and away you go....
I'll add more to the confusion. My WPS shell object has no entry in the
"Working Directory" field. The "Main Directories" entry in the Advanced->
Preferences->Defaults->Paths is also null. The only environmental "Clue" as to
where the spellcheck dictionaries might be is the path statement in
AUTOEXEC.BAT. And spellcheck works! I can't see why MarvKatz can't make it
fly, unless there is a goober in his path statement. sw