D:
CD \FOLDER

startup.fil has:
#3 BC CA FILE.TXB XC≪ex≫
This one-liner is easy to make up dynamically by echoing from a batch
file if need be.

The startup.dir subroutine is handy with vDosPlus. I have a batch will
that can be used to change the location of the next instance of NB. This
way I can open many instances in different folders with one set of
editor files. The last instance remains when I use the editor the next
time.

***Xy_where.bat
ECHO OFF
TITLE Select XyWrite startup directory
CLS
:MENU
ECHO ---------------------------------------
ECHO Change startup directory for XyWrite
ECHO ---------------------------------------
ECHO.
ECHO 1 - FIRST
ECHO 2 - SECOND
ECHO 3 - THIRD
ECHO 4 - EXIT
ECHO.
CHOICE /C:1234
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 SET M=1
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 SET M=2
IF ERRORLEVEL 3 SET M=3
IF ERRORLEVEL 4 SET M=4

IF %M%==1 GOTO FIRST
IF %M%==2 GOTO SECOND
IF %M%==3 GOTO ENSU
IF %M%==4 GOTO EOF

:FIRST
copy c:\xy\conf\first.dir c:\xy\startup.dir >nul
cls
echo.
echo XyWrite will start up in: FIRST
echo.
GOTO MENU
:SECOND
copy c:\xy\conf\second.dir c:\xy\startup.dir >nul
cls
echo.
echo XyWrite will start up in: SECOND
echo.
GOTO MENU
:THIRD
copy c:\xy\conf\third.dir c:\xy\startup.dir >nul
cls
echo.
echo XyWrite will start up in: THIRD
echo.
GOTO MENU
***

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

It used to be that this would open XyWrite with foo.bar called: c:\Xy\Editor.exe foo.bar But for years (since Xy4?) that hasn't worked on my system, whether I'm launching from cmd.exe or from 4DOS. I have a workaround (creating on the fly a special startup.int that calls foo.bar) but is there some other solution, or is this a problem only on my system?