RE: smart words (questions for KBF)

The database is freely modifiable. There are probably several ways in
which could probably be a useful tool in translation, but I'd have to
understand a little more about how you visualize it working. There are
numerous ways to have the system select alternative materials. As you
know far better than I, translation involves more than merely
substituting words and phrases, so if the objective were to provide a
predetermined document that, based on the same deal information, was
produced correctly in both languages, the system would be able to handle
that reasonably well.

I am sure the system could prepare patent docs for filing. My only
reservation about using if for patents as opposed to other types of
legal docs, is that my uneducated perception is that the overwhelming
bulk of the content of patent documentation is unique to the particular
patent, and wouldn't particularly benefit from a rule-based assembly
from a text fragments, You could certainly use the product to store
information about the patent applications, organize the documents for
each filing, and automatically assemble those portions of the documents
that are susceptible to that sort of activity. Patent filings is an
area we have always been interested in, but really don't know enough
about to pursue. If you can shed any further light on it I would be
interested.

As to double byte, we have done some experimentation. We did have a
functioning Chinese language editor which Nathan tested a while back,
but I do not think it used unicode. Right now we are focused on making
some money in the English speaking world, but if the product is
successful it would be only natural to extend it. An intelligent
product like this that supports multiple languages would certainly have
interesting potential.

K.