Re: Further to XY under XP: finding config.xy

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Easy. You use a dedicated AUTOEXEC in the Shortcut, you
"setlocal", then "set path=...". You do not need to explicitly
say "endlocal" (although that command exists, as a formality);
when your session terminates, all localized SETs are terminated
too. Google "setlocal" for more (or just do "setlocal /?" --
help for ALL these commands is available right at the command
line! And very succintly expressed, too.).
Thanks, that looks promising. My previous attempts to embed commands in autoexec.nt (or autoxy.nt) failed. Are there certain commands (other than cd /D, which I have seen doesn't take) that are invalid there?
Harmon is talking about command line usage; we're talking about
Shortcuts. These are diametrically different approaches. Apples and oranges.
Yes, I saw that.
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx

--