USER INPUT

As I indicated in my previous message to you, the ≪RC≫ method of input is
ideal only for yes/no or other short responses. For long items, particlarly
those where typos matter (like filenames) it is better to allow the user to
type the whole input, edit it, and then grab it (using some trigger key, as
SYSOP suggested). There are two ways to this: entry in the window, entry on
the commandline. Unless the text window is being built as part of the XPL it
is probably better to leave it alone and get the user to enter stuff on the
commandline, where a subroutine that grabbed sgt00 would give you the input in
your XPL program.