Re: Hi

> claims to be unable to find my modem. And Xywrite is unable to find its
> dictionary so it can spell check; it has been suggested that I put the
> Xywrite subdirectory in the OS/2 AUTOEXEC.BAT's PATH statement. I just
> did that and haven't rebooted to OS/2 to check out the results.

Marv,
  If you followed David's stuff in his post on this, and it still won't work,
I suggest you post a copy of your autoexec.bat, your startup.int, and maybe
your settings.dfl. I've been looking over my system trying to see if I did
anything special to get it to work -- but quite frankly, I didn't even do the
special batch file thing that David did -- just have \XY4 in the autoexec.bat,
(and the default in dos settings is to use that) and my startup.int give drive
and directory for all that stuff too. And that's all exactly the same as when I
boot DOS.
  Actually, all the problems you described sound like the same thing -- that
somehow you aren't telling those programs where stuff is -- like for my DOS
comm programs, I have to have a "set commport=2" in the autoexec.bat, but
that's true for DOS also. Do you not have experience altering the autoexec.bat
and config.sys on the DOS system, and thus are reluctant to try it in OS/2??
Maybe you should look at your old DOS autoexec.bat and put those same settings
(more or less) in the OS/2 one. The config.sys is different, most definitely,
you can't load dos device drivers with the OS/2 config.sys, for the most part.
But the autoexec is pretty much the same.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

<> "The Way of the Samurai is death." - Jocho Yamamoto 1710 Hagakure <>
<> "Let no man's life stand in the way -- especially your own."    <>
<>                    Miyamoto Musashi 1584-1645  <>
<> "The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here <>
<> and you are out there."              Yasutani Roshi  <>