Re: Caps Lock problem with TameDos

Tame is very tempermental. Different versions work on
different machines. Locate the folder named SavedOptions, then look for a
file like Xywrite.pif.view.tam or Editor.pif.view.tam -- something
.pif.view.tam that seems to have a keyboard stanza in it. Here's what I
have:

; Keyboard
        JustInTimeToggles=off
        KeyboardTranslate=off
        KeyRepeatFactor=100
        NumberPadLock=off
        ResetCapsLock=off
I'm using 5.1Pre9. Other iterations of 5.1 produced different results. And there are other config files scattered around that govern. So you either have to get Dave Thomas, at Tame, to tell you what to do or fiddle around for hours on your own:

 "David Thomas"

I've used TameDos 5.1 on a Win XP machine for a long time with no problem. Recently, though, with a new computer (still XP)  I've encountered an annoying glitch:

Every so often, for no apparent reason, I'm suddenly typing in ALL CAPS although the cap lock key isn't on. If I then hit the cap lock key and turn it on, everything switches to lower case except for punctuation marks.

The only solution is to save, exit Xywrite, and re-enter.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a quicker fix?

Lynn Brenner
718 855 2179

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx