Re: TYP

** Reply to message from "Robert Holmgren"  on Wed, 15 Dec
2004 19:51:35 -0500

> There are *three* potential files that it "can't find":

> the BATfile
> KMD.EXE
> GSWIN32.EXE

Actually, there are *five*: add FO.PS in Editor's directory, and SETUP.PS in
the same directory as GSWIN32. Now, if XyWrite can't see any of Ghostscript's
directories, then SETUP.PS won't be created either! Bottom line: You MUST run
DArchBit.CMD against C:! That's what DArchBit.CMD is for. It is also for
telling you which of your directories have the archive bit set (that's the
default operation -- you MUST modify it manually to get it to do anything more
than spit out information). Read this message (the file is downloadable from
the message, if you don't already have it -- or can't find it in your maillist
folder):

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi?xywrite/2004/msg00477.htm

In case you're concerned about the safety of doing this: as the message says,
I offer no guarantees, but I've got all my archive bits unset on all
directories of all drives of all computers (which straddle nearly the full
range of Windows OpSyses: 95, 98SE, no ME I'm happy to say, NT4, 2K, XP). If
there is or ever was a problem, I'm blissfully unaware of it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx