Re: Xy'd NB

At 06:50 AM 2/16/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
I use my Xy4 KBD file intact and unaltered in NB v8.0G. Works
perfectly, and always has -- only the Alt table has problems,
due to Windows preempting assignments (so remap ALT table).
LU/LR/LL/LD work fine -- view in eXPanded mode, if you want the
cursor to act like Xy4!!
The diagonal cursor movement takes place only in Page-Layout View, so
perhaps that's the problem. Checked show-codes view; thanks, LL works
fine there, but I find it difficult to work in that mode. **Be
interested to know if others who use linear cursor calls also get
erratic behavior in Page-Layout view.** If so, what you say below
makes sense. If not, then NB in PL view simply doesn't like LL etc.
Something is screwed up in your system or messing with your
screen. #1 suspect is Tame -- MUCH too intrusive for my taste.
I understand. But TAME is active only when I call XY. Both Harry and
I use your AUTOXX.NT workaround to confine it to XY. Also, re the
above, the only other "screen" handling program I use is Ultramon.
I do believe we've several times discussed, at length, how to
emulate Xy4 in NBWin.
Yes, thanks. I meant to suggest that to Paul -- your suggestions
about modifying NB.INI. Amazing how many posts turn on this.

PAUL: Look for the 2/21/04 post by Robert.

Michael Norman
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx