Re: Refresh rates (XyDOS in XP Window)

Come on, Harry, you're flirting with Linux. It's the utter rejection of Very
Big Corporations

Really? I thought it was the utter rejection of Very Bloated Software.
-- and the Linux developers have always been outspokenly
paranoid.
I'm not responsible for the political-economic views of the people whose
products I buy.
 And zero doubt that some VBCs, like Microsoft, are predatory.
There may be zero doubt, but it's still false. "Predatory?"--by means of
offering you products which you are fully free to accept, if you think
you'll gain by doing so, or reject and go your own way? The distinction
between freedom and force is fundamental.
I curse Microsoft's bad programming about twice a week. I almost never use
Word, and have contempt for it (although Excel is pretty nice). But that's
a different thing from thinking Microsoft has no right to produce and sell
whatever it wants to.
But I don't think we should devote bandwidth on this list to political
argumentation.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx