More tedium

I am having an odd III+ problem:

I just installed xyIII+ and now my caps lock key is acting buggy. If I hit
it, the "C" indicator will flicker on and off, along with the capitals.
Invariably, I end up stuck in a state where the light on the key is off,
indicating that I should be typing in a normal mode, but the "C" indicator
is on and I only get capitals when I type.

This sets a number of keyboard oddities in motion. My up and down arrows
will work, but the right and left arrows do nothing. All of my function
keys--with the exception of F5--stop working as they are supposed to and
instead reactivate the caps lock button (if I do manage to get it turned
off).

The only way to fix this is to quite xy and restart. If I stay away from
the caps lock key then I am ok. But the moment I press it, I'm screwed.

Btw, I've tried disabling the key; doesn't seem to work.

This problem doesn't occur in any other program. Perhaps I need a more
up-to-date keyboard file?

Thanks for your help...