Re: SEarch across files

** Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Thu, 6 Mar 97 04:02:13 +0000

> ... I've isolated the problem: changing the main command from BXQ2
> to BCXC removes the problem!!! And BX () also creates the problem.
>
> Yet, a new pgm consisting only of: BX se /test/Q2 works fine with stuff in
> the open file.
>
> AND: if a halt the pgm while the cursor is wrongly placed, then hit
> cursor-right key, the cursor goes to where it should have been (i.e., two
> places after the "hit" word).

Sounds like a display refresh problem. The cursor is where it should be, but the display is
off. The live keystroke (cursor-right) repaints it. Try changing DO DX to DO FF DX .
If that doesn't work, try DO FF CR CL DX . Next, try DO BX Q2 ... DX .

I must have a copy of v4.016 kicking around. Lemme see if I can replicate the error. It may be
time to upgrade, Harry.

Carl Distefano  * * *