Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:04:58 -0800 (PST)
From: J R FOX mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx
Subject: A very basic printing question re XY3
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx

I've already consulted Brian's site on this (which remains a great job and a
fine resource), but did not find what I was looking for. I'm dealing with a
relative's XY3 setup, which got transferred to a newer, more up-to-date desktop
computer. The problem is that it only seems to offer an LPT3 printer port, and
if that can be changed, it may be more trouble than it's worth. Better to do
some sort of workaround. For the time being, I've had him doing each printer
job via a Post-It Note reminder with

TYF filename ,lpt3

or variations thereto, like a page-range

In Xy4, it would be a matter of changing the printer defaults in the appropriate
section of SETTINGS.DFL. But this is not available in Xy3. Issuing DEFAULT
lpt3 at the CM gets an error that this default is not settable there, so I
expect it must be a No Go for STARTUP.INT as well. Is there some sneaky default
workaround for Xy3's printer port assignment that I'm overlooking ?

-----END Original Message-----

Tis the season to save your money! http://toolbar.aol.com/holiday/download.html?ncid=emlweusdown00000008 for money saving offers and gift ideas.