Euro Quotes

I noticed last night for the first time the new "close-up window"
that XyWin 4.12 includes in the dialog box for inserting special
characters. An excellent idea, and far better than the
comparable WPWin 5.2 feature! However, I noted that the European
quotes did not display (ASCII 174 and 175) in the window, and
that selecting them for insertion using the dialog box produces
only the letters "bb" (no quotes) in the open file. Inserting
the quotes directly via the keyboard file does just fine.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, two mini tech questions: 1) How does XyWin handle the
European quote internally, compared to the same displayed
character that encloses commands? 2) I have occasionally run
into trouble with accent conversion (usually French accents)
when going from XyWin to Word or other formats. For better
compatibility with XyDos 3.57, I have been using the traditional
850 code page set of accents in XyWin, set up through my
keyboard file. I wonder, would my conversions be more reliable
if I reverted to the (default) 3 digit codes for accents offered
under XyWin?

Doug Beeson
EDI World Institute
Montreal, Quebec beesond@xxxxxxxx