Re: search

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 01:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

-> To be fully clear, in the kbd file under table=alt:
->
-> 33=BC,s,e, /,/,cr

I assume you mean CL, not CR.

-> 48=BC,s,e,b,XC
-> ...
-> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, WooF wrote
->
-> I just checked this, using XyWrite 3.57. Didn't work.
-> Apparently this (Xy using the last search string)
-> depends on which version of XyWrite one is using.

I believe that a bare search command to search for the
last-used search string requires version 4 or higher. It
uses system VAriable  (last search string used),
which (I think) wasn't added until version 4.

Alas, none of these nifty little suggestions is
responsive to Judith's question. She's not asking how to
automate a change of direction -- in fact, she states
quite clearly that a simple change of direction is NOT
satisfactory -- but rather:

-> Is there a command that will search to eof and then
-> automatically take me to tof to continue the search
-> from there?

In other words, ahem, a circular search.

Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/