Re: Comprehensive HTML<==>XyWrite conversion made real easy

Robert, Manuel, thank you for this information... unfortunately, the XyWin and
XyDos4 programs insist that the HTML filter is not present even after I follow
the instructions below, recommending that I run the install program again.

Is there something else that must be done to recognize the HTML filter, or any
filter?

Thanks,
Paul Young

≪ Manuel Castelao's valuable suggestion to seek newer Word-for-Word filters
 at an obscure Hungarian website yields the further reward of HTML filters
 for XyWrite, at:

 ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror_hosts/ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/fonts/postscript/adobe
/Applications/adobefileutilities/dos/htmldos.zip

 Locate the EXE files therein in your FILTERS directory, and add the
 following lines to TEXTIN.FLT:
 HTML           {tab}{tab}--W4W108F /V0
  and to TEXTOUT.FLT:
 HTML           {tab}{tab}--W4W108T /V0
  (replace "{tab}" with true tab chars)

 The filters work pretty well. They try to be "comprehensive". You can run
 them freestanding from the DOS command line, too. For anyone who's been
looking
 for automatic bi-directional HTML conversion, here it is.

 Robert Holmgren
 holmgren@xxxxxxxx