Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: lookit all them colors !
flash wrote:
Makes me
appreciate once again what a versatile program Xy is.

Indeed. I was reading her post with my mouth hanging open.
> there is no way to know whether you
see that same colors I do (Note to Auerbach: this is _not_ an
epistemological question).
Indeed again. When I was tweaking my color display, I found that values
that worked fine on one system would be almost invisible on another.
Screen colors are closely tied to hardware. I believe that really high-end
monitors now have some way of "calibrating" colors, so that the RGB set of
screens will match the CMK set of printouts--a BIG issue for publishers of
art books. I well remember having gone through an exhibition, then seeing
a calendar with prints of some of the paintings in the museum shop, and
even I could see that the colors were badly skewed.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx